Recycling of Flexible Plastic Packaging
Plastics Design Library Series
Author: Niaounakis MichaelLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Recycling of Flexible Plastic Packaging:
Approximative price 242.37 €
Not Yet PublishedAdd to cart the livre of Niaounakis Michael
450 p. · 21.6x27.6 cm · Hardback
Recycling of Flexible Plastic Packaging presents thorough and detailed information on the management and recycling of flexible plastic packaging, focusing on the very latest actual and potential methods and techniques, and offering actionable solutions in order to minimize waste, and to increase product efficiency and sustainability.
The book begins by introducing flexible plastic packaging, discussing its benefits and applications, as well as the challenges posed after its use. This is followed by in-depth coverage of the materials, types, and forms of flexible packaging. The author then presents the key areas to consider in the management of flexible packaging waste, covering collection and pre-treatment, volume reduction, separation from other materials, chemical recycling, post-processing and reuse. Finally, the current regulations and policies, economic aspects, and immediate trends in the industry, are considered.
Throughout the book, the focus is on information, methods, and techniques that will support increased recycling and sustainability. This information will be highly valuable to engineers, scientists, and R&D professionals across industry, whether involved in the manufacture of plastic packaging itself or in the development of products that require plastic packaging. It will also be of great interest to researchers in academia, as well as those in government or with an interest in recycling, who are looking to further advance and implement recycling methods for flexible plastic packaging.
- Presents state-of-the-art methods and technologies to approach the processing of flexible plastic packaging waste
- Addresses the challenges currently associated with both waste management and the available recycling methods
- Opens the door to innovation, supporting improved recycling methods, manufacturing efficiency, and industrial sustainability
2. Environmental and Social-Economic Effects
3. Polymers used in Flexible Packaging
4. Types Forms and Uses of Flexible Plastic Packaging
5. Collection and Pretreatment of Post-Use Packaging
6. Volume Reduction
7. Separating Plastics from Other Materials
8. Chemical Recycling
9. Post-Processing and Reuse
10. Waste Flexible Plastic Packaging Regulatory Framework
11. Economic Evaluation and Trends