Fire Performance Analysis for Buildings , 2nd Edition
Authors: Fitzgerald Robert W., Meacham Brian J.Language: Anglais
Subject for Fire Performance Analysis for Buildings :
Approximative price 131.30 €
In Print (Delivery period: 12 days).Add to cart the livre of Fitzgerald Robert W., Meacham Brian J.
640 p. · 17.1x25 cm · Hardback
A building fire is dynamic. A continually changing hostile fire environment influences time relationships that affect fire defenses and risks to people and building functions. The fire and fire defenses in each building interact with different sequences and in distinct ways. Risks are characterized by the building′s performance.
Significantly updated and restructured new edition
Fire Performance Analysis for Buildings, 2nd Edition organizes the complex interactions into an analytical framework to evaluate any building at any location built under any regulatory jurisdiction or era. Systematic, logical procedures evaluate individual component behavior and integrate results to understand holistic performance. The Interactive Performance Information (IPI) chart structures complex time–related interactions among the fire, fire defenses, and associated risks. Quantification uses state–of–the–art deterministic methods of fire safety engineering and fire science. Managing uncertainty is specifically addressed.
- Emphasizes fire performance analysis for new or existing buildings.
- Augments fire dynamics calculation methods with qualitative methods to form a more complete understanding of the effects of hostile fire characteristics on building performance.
- Describes fire ground operations for engineers with no fire service experience. An analysis evaluates ways in which the site and building design help or hinder manual fire suppression.
- Establishes a transition from traditional structural requirements to modern calculation–based structural analysis and design for fire conditions. Structural concepts are described for non–structural engineers to enable the roles of each profession to be integrated into comprehensive performance evaluations.
- Addresses techniques of managing uncertainty to improve understanding and communication with professionals of other disciplines.
- Describes methods of risk management using information from the building′s performance analysis.
Fire Performance Analysis for Buildings, 2nd Edition has been completely restructured around a performance–based framework. Applications integrate traditional fire defenses with fire science and engineering to combine component performance with holistic performance.
1. Fire Performance and Buildings
2. Preliminary Organization
3. Tools of Analysis
4. An Introduction to IPI
6. The Room Fire
7. The Room Fire: Qualitative Analysis
8. Beyond the Room of Origin
9. Smoke Analysis
10. The Diagnostic Fire
11. Fire Detection
12. Alarm: Action After Detection
13. Fire Department Extinguishment: Arrival
14. Fire Department Extinguishment: First Water (MA)
15. Fire Department Extinguishment: Control and Extinguishment
16. Automatic Sprinkler Suppression
17. The Composite Fire
18. Materials, Codes, Standards, Practices, and Performance
19. Concepts in Structural Analysis for Fire Conditions
20. Target Spaces and Smoke
21. Life Safety
22. Risk Characterizations
23. Fire Prevention
24. Fire Performance: Framework for Analysis
25. The Diagnostic Fire
26. Fire Detection
27. Fire Department Notification
28. Fire Department Extinguishment
29. Automatic Sprinkler Suppression
30. The Composite Fire
31. Structural Performance
32. Target Space Smoke Analysis
33. Life Safety Analysis
34. Prevent Established Burning
35. Understanding Uncertainty
36. Visual Thinking
37. Introduction to Risk Management
38. Analytical Foundations
A. Organizational StructureB. Model Building