Complete idiot's guide to wireless computing and networking
Author: HELTZEL PaulLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Complete idiot's guide to wireless computing and networking:
Approximative price 32.72 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of HELTZEL Paul
336 p. · 18.7x23.2 cm · Paperback
A smart but approachable guide to wireless technology that provides extensive instructions and tips on various wireless devices helping keep users connected instead of confused!
- There is growing evidence that reveals wireless users feel manufacturers could do more to demonstrate how to use their devices effectively, according to a Context-Based Research Group study. A clear but reader-friendly guide on why to buy and utilize wireless devices could be the answer these users are looking for.
- A book that covers several popular wireless tools is a great value for many users that own more than one device or know they will buy more devices in the future.
- This practical reference will focus on several fruitful, task-oriented explanations for each highlighted device (e.g. sending or beaming data between a PC and PDA).
Paul Heltzel is a seasoned journalist who has contributed an impressive list of technology articles for such magazines and Web sites as CNN Interactive, PC World, Business 2.0 and MIT Technology Review, moreover, he has written for the tech sections of The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and the New York Times on the Web. Paul has also presented on wireless in online articles like Hot Tips for Road Warrior, Introduce Your PDA to Monday Night Football, Track Friends by Phone, and How it Works: Satellite Internet Access. He has published two books with Sams: How to Use Microsoft Frontpage 2000, and How to Use Microsoft Frontpage 2002.
I. THE WEB WITHOUT WIRES.
2. Avoiding Wireless Speed Bumps.
3. Unplug and Stay Connected.
4. Research and Buying.
5 Serious Research: Finding More About Wireless Options.
II. WIRELESS NET ACCESS.
7. Staying Connected on the Go.
8. Choosing a Handheld.
9. Ring Up the Web.
10. Wireless E-Mail Devices.
III. WIRELESS AT HOME AND WORK.
12. Wireless Broadband.
13. Starting a Wireless Network.
14. Maintaining Wireless Networks.
15. Home Network Walkthrough.
16. Finding Your Way.
17. Beaming with Pride.
18. Wireless Road Tricks.