Biodiversity and Conservation
Characterization and Utilization of Plants, Microbes and Natural Resources for Sustainable Development and Ecosystem Management
Coordinators: Sangeetha Jeyabalan, Thangadurai Devarajan, Goh Hong Ching, Islam SaherLanguage: Anglais
In Print (Delivery period: 13 days).Add to cart the livre
· 15.2x22.9 cm · Hardback
This volume provides an enlightening and pragmatic approach to preserving biological diversity by gathering a wide range of peer-reviewed scientific content from biodiversity researchers and conservators from around the world. It brings comprehensive knowledge and information on the present status of conservation of biological diversity including floral, faunal, and microbial diversity. A detailed account of recent trends in conservation and applications under changing climate conditions, focusing mainly on agriculturally and industrially important microbes and their sustainable utilization, is presented as well.
Over the past five decades, extensive research work has been done on many aspects of biodiversity conservation and sustainable utilization of biological resources. This book examines this crucial issue. Chapters discuss biodiversity concepts, benefits, and values for economic and sustainable development; explores applications and strategies for biodiversity preservation; and considers the role of biodiversity conservation in public awareness services and cultural significance. The volume also examines the process of evolution and the future of biodiversity in conjunction with climate change factors, with special reference to infectious diseases.
1. Biodiversity: Concepts, Benefits, and Values for Economic and Sustainable Development
Eitimad Hshim Abdel-Rahman Ahmed and Abdelrahman Eltahir Ahmed Musa
2. The Value of Biodiversity in the Legume Family and Its Benefits for Human Lives
Mirzaei Saeid and Azizkhani Negin
3. Diversity and Conservation of Spontaneous Carum, Vicia, and Lathyrus Species in Lithuania
4. Plant Diversity in the Rural Home Gardens of Coastal Taluks of Uttara Kannada in Karnataka, India
Shivanand S. Bhat et al.
5. Primula Species as Indicators of Forest Habitat Diversity in Georgia, South Caucasus
Natalia Togonidze and Maia Akhalkatsi
6. Prospects of Coconut Biodiversity for Safe, Healthy, and Sustainable Edible Oil Discovery
Joko Sulistyo Soetikno
7. Diversity and Metabolites of Actinomycetes from Peat Swamp Forest Soils
Wongsakorn Phongsopitanun and Somboon Tanasupawat
8. Biodiversity of Trichoderma and Their Applications in Agriculture, Industry, and Medicine
9. Biodiversity and Conservation of Higher Plants in Bangladesh: Present Status and Future Prospects
Abul Khayer Mohammad Golam Sarwar
10. In Situ and Ex Situ Conservation of Biodiversity in India: Strategies and Approaches for Environmental Sustainability
Jeyabalan Sangeetha et al.
11. Understanding the Process of Evolution and the Future of Biodiversity under a Changing Climate with Special Reference to Infectious Diseases
Tapan Kumar Barik and Jaya Kishor Seth
12. Evolving Park Values among the Local People in Taman Negara, Malaysia’s Oldest National Park
Fei Ern Ching, Sze-Siong Chew, and Hong Ching Goh
13. Appreciating Nature Conservation at a Malaysian First World Heritage Site Through Its Recreational and Tourism Activities
Hong Ching Goh, Wan Nur Syazana, and Wan Mohamad Ariffin
14. Public Awareness Toward Ecological Services and Cultural Significance of Mangroves in Southern Peninsular Malaysia
Hong Ching Goh