Bakery Products Science and Technology (2nd Ed), 2nd Edition
Coordinators: Zhou Weibiao, Hui Y. H.Language: Anglais
Subject for Bakery Products Science and Technology (2nd Ed):
In Print (Delivery period: 12 days).Add to cart the livre
776 p. · 19.1x25.2 cm · Hardback
Baking is a process that has been practiced for centuries, and bakery products range in complexity from the simple ingredients of a plain pastry to the numerous components of a cake. While currently there are many books available aimed at food service operators, culinary art instruction and consumers, relatively few professional publications exist that cover the science and technology of baking. In this book, professionals from industry, government and academia contribute their perspectives on the state of industrial baking today. The second edition of this successful and comprehensive overview of bakery science is revised and expanded, featuring chapters on various bread and non-bread products from around the world, as well as nutrition and packaging, processing, quality control, global bread varieties and other popular bakery products. The book is structured to follow the baking process, from the basics, flour and other ingredients, to mixing, proofing and baking. Blending the technical aspects of baking with the latest scientific research, Bakery Products Science and Technology, Second Edition has all the finest ingredients to serve the most demanding appetites of food science professionals, researchers, and students.
Part 1: Introduction.
1. Introduction to Baking and Bakery Products.
Part 2: Flours.
2. Wheat Milling and Flour Quality Evaluation.
3. Wheat Flour: Chemistry and Biochemistry.
6. Barley, Maize, Sorghum, Millet, and Other Cereal Grains.
Part 3: Baking Ingredients.
9. Other Leavening Agents.
10. Ascorbic Acid and Redox Agents in Bakery Systems.
11. Sugar and Sweeteners.
12. Lipids: Properties and Functionality.
14. Dairy Ingredients.
16. Other Functional Additives.
Part 4: Baking Science and Technology.
17. Mixing, Dough Making, and Dough Make-up.
20. Packaging and Shelf-life Prediction of Bakery Products.
21. Process Optimization and Control.
22. Sensory Attributes of Bakery Products.
23. Nutritional Attributes of Bakery Products.
24. Browning in Bakery Products: An Engineering Perspective.
25. Functional Bakery Products: An Overview and Future Perspectives
26. Rheology of Bread and Other Bakery Products.
Part 5: Bread.
28. Quality Control.
30. Frozen Dough and Par-baked Products.
31. Steamed Bread.
Part 6: other bakery Products.
32. Cake Manufacture.
35. Pretzel Production and Quality Control.
36. Bakery Products of Unconventional Flours.
37. Dietetic Bakery Products.
Part 7: Examples of World Bakery Products.
38. Specialities from All Over the World.
39. Bakery Products of China.
40. Italian Bakery Products.
41. Mexican Bakery Products.
42. Bakery Products of Turkey.
These books may interest you
Baking Problems Solved 198.88 €