Felines of the World
Discoveries in Taxonomic Classification and History
Author: Bellani Giovanni G.Language: Anglais
Subject for Felines of the World:
Approximative price 88.31 €
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Bellani Giovanni G.
316 p. · 19.1x23.5 cm · Paperback
Felines of the World - Discoveries in Taxonomic Classification and History provides the most vital and recent taxonomic, paleontological, phylogenetic, and DNA advances of wild felid species and the domestic cat following the guidelines dictated by the last revised Taxonomy drafted by the IUCN SSC Cat Specialist Group. It highlights the importance of felines and their role as predators in maintaining the ecological biome balance in which they have evolved.
This book delves into the anatomical, evolutionary, and zoogeographic features of fossil and current felid species. Each species is described in detail regarding its classification, habitat, and biological habits such as reproduction and hunting. This book also presents the most updated threat and conservation statuses of each species identified on the CITES, Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, and the Red List from the IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, to raise awareness of felid importance in ecosystem balances.
Felines of the World - Discoveries in Taxonomic Classification and History is the ideal resource for zoologists and paleontologists, primarily those interested in the evolution and features of extinct and extant felines.
- Details the lineage, features, and habits of over 40 felid species
- Covers all species within the Felidae family, including lions, lynxes, pumas, and domestic cats
- Features detailed and colorful illustrations, diagrams, and species location maps
- Informs readers of endangered species, current threats, and conservation efforts
1. Order of Carnivores 2. Family Felidae 3. Zoogeography of Felines Gallery of All Species of Felidae 4. Pantherinae 5. Felinae 6. Ecology 7. Ethology 8. Genetics 9. The Felidae and the Man 10. Conservation of Felidae
Researchers and specialists in zoology, natural history, palaeontology, evolutionary biology, and feline studies
These books may interest you
Biodiversity of Fishes in Arunachal HimalayaSystematics, Classification, and Taxonomic Identification 193.44 €
The neglected APE 179.34 €