Bioinspired Design of Materials Surfaces
Materials Today Series
Author: Zheng YongmeiLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Bioinspired Design of Materials Surfaces:
Approximative price 220.63 €
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Zheng Yongmei
450 p. · 19.1x23.5 cm · Paperback
Bioinspired Design of Materials Surfaces reviews the novel methods and technologies to design surfaces and materials for smart material and device applications. The author discusses how materials wettability can be impacted by the fabrication of micro- and nanostructures, anisotropic structures, gradient structures, and heterogeneous patterned structures on the surfaces of materials.
The design of these structures are inspired by nature such as lotus, cactus, beetle back and butterfly wings, spider silk, and shells. The author reviews the various wettability functions that can result from these designs such as self-cleaning, directional adhesion, droplet driving, and anti-adhesion, non-wetting, liquid repellent properties, liquid separation, liquid splitting, and propelling of condensed droplet coalescence. Finally, potential applications of these materials are reviewed.
Bioinspired Design of Materials Surfaces is a key reference in how to fabricate bioinspired structures on materials to result in desired functions of materials wettability. It also discusses the challenges and opportunities in this area and the many potential applications such as oil-water separation devices, water harvesting devices, photonic device applications.
- Introduces the fundamentals of both bioinspired materials design and the theory behind dynamic materials wettability
- Reviews the latest methods and technologies used to create functional surfaces and structured materials that impact and potentially control wettability
- Provides a snapshot of potential device applications, such as oil-water separation, water harvesting, fluid transport, photonic applications, and much more
2. Biological Design of materials
3. Fabrication of bioinspired surfaces
4. Bioinspired functions
5. Promising applications
These books may interest you
Bio- and Bioinspired Nanomaterials 171.85 €