International Encyclopedia of Public Health (2nd Ed.)
Coordinator: Cockerham William C
Editor-in-Chief: Quah Stella R.Language: Anglais
Subject for International Encyclopedia of Public Health:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre
4470 p. · Hardback
International Encyclopedia of Public Health, Second Edition is an authoritative and comprehensive guide to the major issues, challenges, methods, and approaches of global public health. Taking a multidisciplinary approach, this new edition combines complementary scientific fields of inquiry, linking biomedical research with the social and life sciences to address the three major themes of public health research, disease, health processes, and disciplines.
This book helps readers solve real-world problems in global and local health through a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach. Covering all dimensions of the field, from the details of specific diseases, to the organization of social insurance agencies, the articles included cover the fundamental research areas of health promotion, economics, and epidemiology, as well as specific diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and reproductive health.
Additional articles on the history of public health, global issues, research priorities, and health and human rights make this work an indispensable resource for students, health researchers, and practitioners alike.
- Provides the most comprehensive, high-level, internationally focused reference work available on public health
- Presents an invaluable resource for both researchers familiar with the field and non-experts requiring easy-to-find, relevant, global information and a greater understanding of the wider issues
- Contains interdisciplinary coverage across all aspects of public health
- Incorporates biomedical and health social science issues and perspectives
- Includes an international focus with contributions from global domain experts, providing a complete picture of public health issues
Child & Adolescent Health
Consumerism/ Education/ Outreach
Diet/ Obesity/ Physical Inactivity
Emerging and Re-Emerging Diseases
Environmental / Occupational
Ethical and Legal Issues
History of Public Health
Injuries and Violence
Malnutrition, Infections and Poverty
Measurement and Modelling
Sensory, GI, and Other
Sexual & Reproductive Health
Tobacco/ Alcohol / Drugs
Upper-level and graduate students in all fields related to public health including biology, medicine, toxicology, sociology, anthropology, and economics. As well as the student market the encyclopedia is an essential reference for health researchers from various disciplines, practitioners including policy makers and health officials, educators and students in tertiary institutions, and the more general reader seeking information on public health issues.
These books may interest you
Public health in the arab world 166.57 €