Maternity, Newborn, and Women's Health Nursing
A Case-Based Approach
Author: O'Meara AmyLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Maternity, Newborn, and Women's Health Nursing:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of O'Meara Amy
776 p. · 21.3x27.6 cm · Hardback
Build the critical thinking capabilities essential to your success with this captivating, case-based approach.
Maternity, Newborn, and Women’s Health Nursing: A Case-Based Approach brings the realities of nursing practice to life and helps you acquire the understanding and clinical reasoning skills to ensure effective patient-centered care.
This innovative text immerses you in realistic, case-based narratives that help you experience maternity, newborn, and women’s health nursing concepts from the patient’s perspective and confidently prepare for your clinical rotations. Accompanying units leverage these patient stories to enrich your understanding of key concepts and reinforce their clinical relevance, giving you unparalleled preparation for the challenges you’ll face in your nursing career.
- Powerfully written case-based patient scenarios instill a clinically relevant understanding of essential concepts to prepare you for clinicals.
- Nurse’s Point of View sections in Unit 1 help you recognize the nursing considerations and challenges related to patient-based scenarios.
- Step-by-Step Skills tutorials clarify common procedures.
- Unfolding Patient Stories, written by the National League for Nursing, foster meaningful reflection on commonly encountered clinical scenarios.
- Analyze the Evidence callouts present conflicting research to hone your critical thinking capabilities.
- Patient Teaching boxes highlight important information to communicate to patients.
- Lab Values help you recognize the significance of out-of-range values and make appropriate nursing interventions.
- The Pharmacy features detail essential pharmaceutical information at a glance.
- Interactive learning resources, including Practice & Learn Case Studies and Watch & Learn Videos, reinforce skills and challenge you to apply what you’ve learned.
- Learning Objectives and bolded Key Terms help you maximize your study time.
- Think Critically questions instill the clinical reasoning and analytical skills essential to safe patient-centered practice.
- Suggested Readings point you to further research for more information and clinical guidance.