Melasma: A Monograph (2nd Ed.)
Author: Sarkar RashmiLanguage: Anglais
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Sarkar Rashmi
120 p. · 21.4x26 cm · Paperback
Melasma is a very common patchy brown, tan, or blue-grey facial skin discoloration, almost entirely seen in women in the reproductive years (MedicineNet.com).
This new edition provides dermatologists with the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of melasma.
The book begins with discussion on epidemiology and aetiological factors, aetiopathogenesis, clinical features and classification, and investigation techniques, including dermoscopy.
The following chapters cover different treatment methods such as hydroquinone-based therapies, oral agents, chemical peels, lasers, and more.
The second edition has been fully revised and features two new chapters on platelet rich plasma therapy, microneedling, and mesotherapy; and future directions in the treatment of melasma.
The book is highly illustrated with clinical photographs, tables and references, and includes an appendix providing a treatment algorithm.
- Fully revised, new edition providing latest advances in diagnosis and treatment of melasma
- Second edition features two brand new chapters
- Includes appendix with melasma treatment algorithm
- Previous edition (9789351525431) published in 2015
1. Epidemiology and Global Distribution of Melasma
2. Etiological Factors and Triggering Factors
3. Etiopathogenesis of Melasma
4. Clinical Features and Classification of Melasma, Wood’s Lamp, and Melasma Area Severity Index Score
5. Investigations in Melasma: Histopathology, Dermatoscopy, and in vivo Reflectance Confocal Microscopy in Melasma
6. Investigations in Melasma: Dermoscopy in Melasma
7. Photoprotection for Melasma
8. Hydroquinone Based Therapies for Melasma
9. Nonhydroquinone Based Therapies for Melasma
10. Oral Agents in the Treatment of Melasma
11. Chemical Peels for Melasma
12. Lasers for Melasma
13. Melasma and Quality of Life
14. Melasma in Men
15. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, Microneedling, and Mesotherapy for the Treatment of Melasma
16. Treatment of Melasma: Future Directions
Appendix: Treatment Algorithm for Melasma
Rashmi Sarkar MD MNAMS
Professor, Department of Dermatology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated LNJP Hospital, New Delhi, India