Microbial Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals
Author: GUPTA Vijai KumarLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 165.11 €
In Print (Delivery period: 12 days).Add to cart the livre of GUPTA Vijai Kumar
320 p. · Hardback
Microbial technology plays a key role in the improvement of biotechnology, cosmeceuticals, and biopharmaceutical applications. It has turned into a subject of expanding significance because new microbes and their related biomolecules are distinguished for their biological activity and health benefits. Encompassing both biotechnology and chemical engineering, Microbial Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals brings together microbiology, bacteria, and food processing/mechanization, which have applications for a variety of audiences. Pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and medical device development all employ microbial food technology.
The book addresses the recent advances in microbial functional foods and associated applications, providing an important reference work for graduates and researchers. It also provides up-to-date information on novel nutraceutical compounds and their mechanisms of action—catering to the needs of researchers and academics in food science and technology, microbiology, chemical engineering, and other disciplines who are dealing with microbial functional foods and related areas.
Microbial Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals is:
- Ground-breaking: Includes the latest developments and research in the area of microbial functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Multidisciplinary: Applicable across food science and technology, microbiology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, and other important research fields
- Practical and academic: An important area of both academic research and new product development in the food and pharmaceutical industries
Microbial Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals is an ideal resource of information for biologists, microbiologists, bioengineers, biochemists, biotechnologists, food technologists, enzymologists, and nutritionists.
- 1. Microalgae as a Sustainable Source of Nutraceuticals
- 2. Functional Foods from Cyanobacteria: An Emerging Source for Functional Food Products of Pharmaceutical Importance
- 3. Seaweed Carotenoid, Fucoxanthin, as Functional Food
- 4. Functional Foods from Mushroom
- 5. Microbial Production of Organic Acids
- 6. Microbes as a Source for the Production of Food Ingredients
- 7. Microbial Xanthan, Levan, Gellan, and Curdlan as Food Additives
- 8. Microbial Fibrinolytic Enzyme Production and Applications
- 9. Microbial Products Maintain Female Homeostasis
- 10. Production of High‐Quality Probiotics by Fermentation
- 11. Probiotics and Their Health Benefits
- 12. Nutritional Potential of Auricularia auricula‐judae and Termitomyces umkowaan – The Wild Edible Mushrooms of South‐Western India