Behind bars: surviving prison
Author: ROSS Michael R.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 15.82 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of ROSS Michael R.
With the numbers of prisoners at the local, state, and federal levels at an all-time high, staying alive in prison-all of which are crowded far beyond their normal capacity, creating a very unpleasant environment at best-is harder than at any time in American history. Behind Bars: The Prison Survival Handbook will show you the best ways to avoid being beaten, sexually abused, and most importantly, getting killed. Other survival tips include how to land a favorable work assignment, the best ways to bribe prison guards, how to work the parole system, and a glossary of prison slang to make the transition easier.
I. YOU'RE UNDER ARREST.1. Busted!
2. Four Fatal Legal Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them).
II. YOU'VE GOT JAIL!3. Big Houses, Dog Pens, and Gladiator Schools: The U.S. Prison System.
4. Hacks, Cops, and Cons: Who's Who in Prison.
III. DOING TIME.5. Jugged: Welcome to Prison.
6. Don't Drop the Soap: Sex in the Slammer.
7. My Baloney Has a First Name: Food in Prison.
8. License Plates and GEDs: Work and School in Prison.
9. Blood In, Blood Out: Prison Gangs and Violence.
10. Brother, Can You Spare Some Time: A Day in the Life of Joe Convict.
11. We Ain't No Debutantes: Women Behind Bars.
IV. BEYOND THE WALLS.12. Happy Days Are Here Again: Getting Out.
13. Revolving Doors: Fixing the Incarceration Machine.
V. APPENDIXES.Appendix A. Slammer Slang: A Glossary.
Appendix B. We Understand, Son: Prison Reform Advocacy Groups.