Applied principles of hydrology (3rd ed' 96)
Author: MANNINGLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 110.33 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of MANNING
276 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm · Paperback
This is the only text to give a complete, non-mathematical exposition of the universal Water Cycle in language accessible to non-specialists. It begins with a discussion of the physical and chemical attributes that make water such a unique substance, and goes on to a step-by-step discussion of various aspects of the Water Cycle.
2. The Structure and Properties of Water
3. Water in the Air: Evaporation and Condensation
5. Infiltration and Soil Water
9. Chemical Quality of Natural Water
10. The Water Cycle and Man
Appendix I: Map of California Showing Locations of Examples Discussed in Text
Appendix II: Moving Averages
Appendix III: Sources of Hydrologic Data
Appendix IV: References
- Offers an exceptionally clear and up-to-date, non-mathematical exploration of the universal water cycle.
- Focuses on hydrology concepts.
- Provides especially strong coverage of hydrologic measurement.
- Illustrates explanations of scientific principles with examples of actual occurrences from the real world.
- Includes numerous photographs and illustrations.
- States quantities in either American units or SI units (and notes conversions for each in parentheses).
These books may interest you
Physical Hydrology (inc. CD-Rom) 178.68 €