Assembly language for x86 processors (6th ed )
Author: IRVINE KipLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 123.50 €
In Print (Delivery period: 12 days).Add to cart the livre of IRVINE Kip
768 p. · 17.8x23.5 cm · Hardback
1. Basic Concepts: Applications of assembly language, basic concepts, machine language, and data representation.
2. IA-32 Processor Architecture: Basic microcomputer design, instruction execution cycle, IA-32 processor architecture, IA-32 memory management, components of a microcomputer, and the input-output system.
3. Assembly Language Fundamentals: Introduction to assembly language, linking and debugging, and defining constants and variables.
4. Data Transfers, Addressing, and Arithmetic: Simple data transfer and arithmetic instructions, assemble-link-execute cycle, operators, directives, expressions, JMP and LOOP instructions, and indirect addressing.
5. Procedures: Linking to an external library, description of the book's link library, stack operations, defining and using procedures, flowcharts, and top-down structured design.
6. Conditional Processing: Boolean and comparison instructions, conditional jumps and loops, high-level logic structures, and finite state machines.
7. Integer Arithmetic: Shift and rotate instructions with useful applications, multiplication and division, extended addition and subtraction, and ASCII and packed decimal arithmetic.
8. Advanced Procedures: Stack parameters, local variables, advanced PROC and INVOKE directives, and recursion.
9. Strings and Arrays: String primitives, manipulating arrays of characters and integers, two-dimensional arrays, sorting, and searching.
10. Structures and Macros: Structures, macros, conditional assembly directives, and defining repeat blocks.
11. MS-Windows Programming: Protected mode memory management concepts, using the Microsoft Windows API to display text and colors, and dynamic memory allocation.
12. Floating-Point Processing and Instruction Encoding: Floating-point binary representation and floating-point arithmetic. Learning to program the IA-32 Floating-Point Unit. Understanding the encoding of IA-32 machine instructions.
13. High-Level Language Interface: Parameter passing conventions, inline assembly code, and linking assembly language modules to C and C++ programs.
14. 16-Bit MS-DOS Programming: Calling MS-DOS interrupts for console and file input-output.
15. Disk Fundamentals: Disk storage systems, sectors, clusters, directories, file allocation tables, handling MS-DOS error codes, and drive and directory manipulation. (Online chapter)
16. BIOS-Level Programming: Keyboard input, video text, graphics, and mouse programming. (Online chapter)
17. Expert MS-DOS Programming: Custom-designed segments, runtime program structure, and Interrupt handling. Hardware control using I/O ports. (Online chapter) Appendix A: Microsoft Macro Assembler Reference
Appendix B: The x86 Instruction Set
Appendix C: Answers to Review Questions
Appendix D: BIOS and MS-DOS Interrupts (Online appendix)