Burpee complete gardener: a comprehensive, up to date, fully illustrated reference for gardeners at all levels
Authors: ARMITAGE Allan, HEFFERNAN Maureen, KLEIBER Chela, SHIMIZU Holly H.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 27.16 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of ARMITAGE Allan, HEFFERNAN Maureen, KLEIBER Chela, SHIMIZU Holly H.
422 p. · 28.5x21.9 cm · Hardback
- Detailed descriptions that cover more than 420 annuals, perennials, bulbs, roses, vegetables, herbs, ground covers, and vines
- A guide to planning a garden that will thrive with a minimum of care
- Complete information on preparing great garden soil, starting plants from seeds, planting nursery stock, including potted perennials and bare root plants, fertilizing, watering, staking, controlling pests and diseases
- An in depth guide to the best garden tools
- A guide to the best disease resistant, easy care roses you can buy
- Answers to the questions Burpee gardeners ask most*covering everything from garden design to soil preparation and pest control
- A wealth of full color photography, vintage Burpee illustrations, and black and white line drawings
PART I: GARDENING FROM THE GROUND UP.
Chapter One. Getting Started (Maureen Heffernan).
Chapter Two. Designing Your Garden (Maureen Heffernan).
PART II: PLANT PORTRAITS.
Chapter Three. Annuals and Biennials (Chela Kleiber).
Chapter Four. Perennials (Chela Kleiber).
Chapter Five. Bulbs (Allan Armitage).
Chapter Six. Roses (Holly H. Shimizu).
Chapter Seven. Vegetables (Chela Kleiber).
Chapter Eight. Herbs (Holly H. Shimizu).
Chapter Nine. Groundcovers (Holly H. Shimizu).
Chapter Ten. Vines (Holly H. Shimizu).
PART III: THE PRACTICAL GARDENER.
Chapter Eleven. Planting and Caring for Your Garden (Maureen Heffernan).
Chapter Twelve. Tools and Equipment (Maureen Heffernan).
Chapter Thirteen. Pests and Diseases (Chela Kleiber).
Chapter Fourteen. Gardeners' Most Asked Questions (Maureen Heffernan).
These books may interest you
Vilmorin, The Vegetable Garden 14.99 €