Business communication : strategies and skills, 5th ed 1996
Author: LAHIFFLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 105.94 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of LAHIFF
640 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm · Hardback
It enhances the readers competitive edge in the workplace enabling them to hit the ground running and contribute to their organization immediately.
- I. INTRODUCTION.
1. An Overview of Communication in Business.
2. The Nature of Communication.
3. Cultural Diversity.
4. The Electronic Office.
II. STRATEGIES FOR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION.
5. A Systematic Approach to Effective Written Communication.
6. Good-News and Neutral Letters.
7. Bad-News Letters,
8. Persuasive Letters.
10. Short Reports and Proposals.
11. The Long Report: Planning.
12. The Long Report: Writing.
13. Instructions: Documentation, and Policy and Procedure Statements.
III. STRATEGIES FOR ORAL COMMUNICATION.
14. Listening as a Communication Tool.
15. Nonverbal Communication.
16. Public Presentations.
17. Visual Support.
18. Meetings: Small Group Communication.
19. Communication and Conflict.
20. Interviewing as a Management Tool.
IV. CAREER STRATEGIES.
21. Writing a Resume .
22. Interviewing for a Job.
Appendix A: Recognizable Patterns of Language.
Appendix B: Letter Parts and Appearance.
- Uses aclear, accessible writing style.
- Assumes a managerial tone throughout.
- Includes Ethical Dilemma boxes in each chapter to stimulate class discussion and critical thinking.
- Provides chapter-end cases.
- Adds learning objectives to each chapter.
- Offers chapter-opening vignettes that link chapter objectives and content.
- Provides marginal notes to assist in identifying significant ideas.
- Adds checklists for easy review of key information.
- Lists key terms at the end of each chapter.