Case studies of mathematical modeling in biology
Author: OTHMERLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 85.00 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of OTHMER
416 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm · Paperback
I. ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION.1. You Bet Your Life: Life -History Strategies in Fluctuating Environments, Steve Ellner, North Carolina State University.
2. The Evolution of Species' Niches: Population Dynamic Perspectives, Robert D. Holt and Richard Gomulkiewicz.
3. Reflections on Models of Epidemics Triggered by the Case of Phocine Distemper Virus Among, Odo Diekmann.
4. Simple Representations of Biomass Dynamics in Structured Populations, R.M. Nisbet, E. McCauley, W.S.C. Gurney, W.W. Murloch, and A.M. de Roos.
5.Ancestral Inference from DNA Sequence Data, Simon Tavare.
II. CELL BIOLOGY.6. Signal Transduction and Second Messenger Systems, Hans Othmer.
7 The Eukaryotic Cell Cycle: Molecules - Mechanisms and Mathematical Models, John Tyson, Kathy Chen, and Bela Novak.
8 Mathamatical Models of Hematopoietic Cell Replication and Control, Michael Mackey.
9 Oscillations and Multistability in Delayed Feedback Control, John Milton and Jennifer Foss.
10 Calcium and Membrane Potential Oscillations with Applications to Insulin- Secreting Pancreatic Beta-Cells, Arthur Sherman.
III. PHYSIOLOGY.11. Mathamatical Modeling of Muscle Crossbridge Mechanics, Edward Pate.
12. THe Topology of Phase Resetting and the Entertainment of Limit Cycles, Leon Glass.
13. Modeling the Interaction of Cardiac Muscle with Strong Electric Fields, Wanda Krassowska.
14. Fluid Dynamics and Fiber Architecture of the Heart and its Valves, Charles S. Peskin and David M. McQueen.
15. Bioconvection, N.A. Hill.
A. Age Structured Models, Frederick R. Alder.
B. Qualitative Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations, Mark A. Lewis and Hans G. Othmer.
C. An Introduction to Partial Differential Equations, Hans G. Othmer.
List of Contributors.