Child and adolescent development
Author: RICE F.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 102.64 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of RICE F.
588 p. · Hardback
- I. THE STUDY OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT.
1. A Developmental Perspective.
2. Theories of Development.
II. THE BEGINNINGS OF HUMAN LIFE.
3. Heredity, Environmental Influences, and Prenatal Development.
4. Childbirth and the Neonate.
III. CHILD DEVELOPMENT.
5. Perspectives on Child Development.
6. Physical Development: Growth, Motor Skills, the Disabilities.
7. Physical Development: Nutrition, Sleep, Health Care, Sexual Development, and Sex Education.
8. Cognitive Development: Perception, Language, Reading, and a Piagetian Perspective.
9. Cognitive Development: Information Processing, Intelligence, and School.
10. Emotional Development: Attachment, Trust, and Security.
11. Emotional Development: Emotions, Temperament, and the Self.
12. Social Development: The Family, Society, and Socialization.
13. Social Development: Peer Relationships, Television, Gender Roles, and Moral Development.
IV. ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT.
14. Perspectives on Adolescent Development: Meaning, Psychic Disequilibrium, Identity, Developmental Tasks, Anthropologists, Views.
15. Physical Development: Endocrine Glands, Sexual Maturation and Education, Physical Growth, Body Image, and Nutrition.
16. Cognitive Development: Formal Operational Thought, Scholastic Aptitude, and School.
17. Emotional Development: Emotions, the Self, and Behavior.
18. Social Development: Family, Social Relationships, Sexual Behavior, and Morality. Glossary.
- Uses a solid research base - citing more than 2,000 references - over one-third from 1991-1993, and 133 from 1993-1995.
- Provides real-life anecdotes, examples, cases, and personalized questions to make the material personally relevant to students lives.
- Emphasizes individual differences and cultural influences in physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- Contains numerous special discussion sections:
- Parenting Issues - present practical problems in rearing children and adolescents.
- Living Issues - highlight everyday problems and issues faced by adolescents.
- Focus sections - include research findings, opinions, and viewpoints about specific subjects and issues that need to be clarified.
These books may interest you
The Neuroscience of Adolescence 42.77 €