Author: CAMPBELL Duane E.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 75.05 €
In Print (Delivery period: 12 days).Add to cart the livre of CAMPBELL Duane E.
480 p. · 19.1x23.5 cm · Paperback
Unlike most other texts for Multicultural Education on the market, this one provides practical and useful teaching strategies and class-tested lesson plans, as well as a foundation for understanding the context of multicultural education. Choosing Democracy was the first text of its kind to show teachers how to construct a curriculum that is truly democratic, while at the same time meeting the requirements of today's standard's based educational environment.
Most new teachers are not prepared to face the diversity of the classrooms of today. Nor are they prepared to handle the many challenging issues that will arise in these multicultural and multilingual classes. This book gives solid and substantial coverage of important issues facing teachers such as classroom management, critical thinking, cooperative learning, assisting English Language Learners, dealing with substantive values, and assessment. It also teaches educators to formulate a deeper understanding of their own cultural frame of reference in order to develop a second multicultural perspective.
New To This Edition:
- NEW! Provides ideas for teachers looking to change their curriculum in Chapter 12.
- NEW! Includes a new section with a new co-author, (Dr. Francisco Reveles) an expert on gang related behavior and bullying.
- NEW! Illustrates ways to manage a classroom based on democratic principles and cultural proficiencymakes the text valuable to even the most reluctant reader.
- NEW! Contains a new section on integrating technology and using the Internet in the classroom.
- NEW! Features a thoroughly revised Chapter 13Explains the major efforts at school reform and The No Child Left Behind Act.
Part I: The Social, Economic, and Cultural Foundations of the Current School Crisis
1. Democracy and the Need for Multicultural Education
2. Culture and Schooling
3. Racism and Schools
4. With Liberty and Justice for Some: Democracy, Class Relations, and Schools
5. How Society and Schools Shortchange Girls and Boys
Part II: Teaching Strategies to Promote Democracy and Multicultural Education
6. Human Relations and Multicultural Education
7. Teaching to Empower Students
8. Democracy and Classroom Management
9. Promoting Democracy and Critical Thinking
10. Cooperative Learning, Democracy, and Multicultural Education
11. Teaching Language-Minority Populations
Part III: The Dialogue Between Democracy and Multicultural Education
12. Democracy, Curriculum, and Multicultural Education
These books may interest you
DemocracyA World History 75.10 €