Fish Physiology: Hypoxia
Fish Physiology Series, Vol. 27
Coordinators: Richards Jeffrey G., Farrell Anthony P., Brauner Colin J.Language: Anglais
Subject for Fish Physiology: Hypoxia:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre
528 p. · 15.2x22.9 cm · Hardback
The aim of this volume is two-fold. First, this book will review and synthesize the adaptive behavioural, morphological, physiological, biochemical, and molecular strategies used by fish to survive hypoxia exposure and place them within an environmental and ecological context. Second, through the development of a synthesis chapter this book will serve as the cornerstone for directing future research into the effects of hypoxia exposures on fish physiology and biochemistry.
* The only single volume available to provide an in-depth discussion of the adaptations and responses of fish to environmental hypoxia.
* Reviews and synthesizes the adaptive behavioural, morphological, physiological, biochemical, and molecular strategies used by fish to survive hypoxia exposure.
* Includes discussion of the evolutionary and ecological consequences of hypoxia exposure in fish.
* Comparative Vertebrate Physiologists studying adaptations to oxygen stress
* Biomedical and sports physiologists interested in animal models of stress under low oxygen conditions