Geology applied to engineering
Author: WESTLanguage: Anglais
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of WEST
560 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm
3. Igneous Rocks.
4. Sedimentary Rocks.
5. Metamorphic Rocks.
6. Engineering Properties of Rocks.
7. Elements of Soil Mechanics.
8. Rock Weathering and Soils.
9. Stratigraphy and Geologic Time.
10. Structural Geology.
11. Running Water.
12. The Work of Glaciers.
13. Physiographic Provinces and Engineering Aspects.
14. Landslides, Subsidence, and Slope Stability.
15. Ground Water Geology.
16. Coastal Processes and Landform Features.
17. Earthquakes and Geophysics.
18. Subsurface Investigation and Site Selection.
19. Arid Environments and Wind.
20. Engineering Geology and Environmental Geology.
Appendix A. Identification Charts for Minerals and Rocks.
Appendix B. Topographic Maps.
- Rich in engineering applications and examples: solved problems are followed by written assignments and problems to solve. Written assignments emphasize important points.
- Numerous line drawings provide students with a visual understanding of geologic and engineering concepts.
- English and metric units in the text and the problem sets help students understand both systems.
- Practical and environmental details are provided for each subject, rather than combining applications in one end-of-text chapter.
- Physiographic provinces or detailed landscape divisions of the United States are related to construction considerations so students can see the extent to which landscape and geology affect construction concerns.
These books may interest you
Structural Geology 110.33 €
Engineering Geology for Society and Territory - Volume 6Applied Geology for Major Engineering Projects 368.20 €