Heat transfer with applications
Author: HAGEN Kirk D.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 111.43 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of HAGEN Kirk D.
448 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm · Hardback
- (NOTE: Each chapter begins with an Introduction and concludes with Applications, References, and Problems.)
1. Fundamental Concepts
2. One-Dimensional Steady Conduction
3. Extended Surfaces
4. Two-Dimensional Steady Conduction
5. Unsteady Conduction
6. Principles of Convection
7. External Forced Convection
8. Internal Forced Convection
9. Natural Convection
10. Heat Exchangers
12. Boiling and Condensation
13. Heat-Transfer Measurements
14. Supplement: Heat Transfer in Manufacturing and Materials Processing
Appendix A. Mathematical Formulas and Tables
Appendix B. Physical Constants, Units and Conversion Factors
Appendix C. Thermal Properties of Metallic Solids
Appendix D. Thermal Properties of Nonmetallic Solids
Appendix E. Thermal Properties of Liquids
Appendix F. Thermal Properties of Gases
Appendix G. Radiation Properties
Appendix H. Pipe Dimensions
Appendix I. Wire Properties
- Adopts a direct, get to the bottom line approach to heat transfer without lengthy, complex mathematical excursions in which students often get bored or lost.
- Enforces retention with topically-arranged applications problems and detailed examples at the end of each chapter that help students relate heat transfer theory to its practical, everyday usage, helps students appreciate the importance of heat transfer in their daily lives and in modern technology.
- Presents numerous computer applications using spreadsheets or other software, devotes considerable attention to the solution of steady and unsteady two-dimensional conduction problems using the finite difference method on spreadsheets.
- Includes a thorough and informative appendix that: Offers one of the most extensi