Author: Emmott Stephen J.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 111.43 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Emmott Stephen J.
278 p. · 24.1x15.9 cm
The challenge now is to understand the needs of people as the users of information superhighways and develop products and services that use the technological advances to positive effect. This is the first book to examine these issues. It shows that by focusing on users, a range of multimedia applications emerge which make more imaginative use of computing and bandwidth than the products of the current focus on application development, such as"video on demand."The book emphasizes the point that the information revolution will be driven by users, not the multimedia industry.
Information Superhighways is essential reading for those working in the communications, computing, and media industries, and in multimedia. It will also be of interest to students and practitioners in psychology, computing, and human-computer interaction.
* Foreword by best-selling author Nicholas Negroponte, Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Senior Columnist for Wired magazine
* Discusses the importance of the coming information age
* Outlines need for innovation in regulatory policy
* Presents the idea of using multimedia to design organizations
* Describes multimedia-supported group working
* Gives discussion of designing media space
* Provides coverage of issues in user-centered multimedia development
These books may interest you
Multimedia Tools and Applications 189.85 €
Fundamentals of Multimedia 105.49 €