Author: Horn Michael H.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 131.23 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Horn Michael H.
432 p. · 26.2x18.3 cm · Hardback
* Written by an international team of 21 experts on intertidal fish biology
* Worldwide coverage of intertidal fishes
* Comprehensive phylogenetic listing of all fish families with intertidal members
* Global biogeographic analysis involving over 700 species from 86 sites
* Outlines field and laboratory methods pertinent to studying intertidal fishes
* Thorough ecological coverage with chapters on vertical distribution, movements and homing, reproduction, feeding, and community structure
* Covers the physiology of aerial and aquatic respiration, osmoregulation, and sensory systems
R.N. Gibson, Methods for Studying Intertidal Fishes.
C.D. Zander, J. Nieder, and K.L.M. Martin, Vertical Distribution Patterns.
K.L.M. Martin and C.R. Bridges, Respiration in Air and Water.
D.H. Evans, J.B. Claiborne, and G.A. Kormanik, Osmoregulation, Acid-Base Regulation, and Nitrogen Excretion.
R.N. Gibson, Movement and Homing in Intertidal Fishes.
K. Kotrschal, Sensory Systems.
E.E. DeMartini, Intertidal Spawning.
R.M. Coleman, Parental Care in Intertidal Fishes.
C.A. Pfister, Recruitment of Intertidal Fishes.
M.H. Horn and F.P. Ojeda, Herbivory.
S.F. Norton and A.E. Cook, Predation by Fishes in the Intertidal.
R.N. Gibson and R.M. Yoshiyama, Intertidal Fish Communities.
M.A. Chotkowski, D. G. Buth and K. Prochazka, Systematics of Intertidal Fishes.
K. Prochazka, M. A. Chotkowski and D. B. Buth, Biogeography of Intertidal Fishes.
M. H. Horn, Convergent Evolution and Community Convergence: Research Potential Using Intertidal Fishes.
H.P. Schultze, The Fossil Record of the Intertidal Zone.
These books may interest you
Fish Physiology: Euryhaline Fishes 102.65 €