Majority-minority relations (4° ed )
Author: FARLEY JohnLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 85.01 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of FARLEY John
594 p. · Hardback
1. Orientation: Basic Terms and Concepts.
I. SOCIAL-PSYCHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES ON MAJORITY-MINORITY RELATIONS: THE STUDY OF PREJUDICE.
2. Prejudice: Its Forms and Causes.
3. Reducing Prejudice: How Achievable? How Important?
II. SOCIAL-STRUCTURAL PERSPECTIVES ON MAJORITY-MINORITY
4. Sociological Perspectives: The Order and Conflict Models.
5. Origins and Causes of Ethnic Inequality.
6. Changing Patterns of Majority-Minority Relations in the United States.
7. Minority Group Movements and Values and Contemporary Intergroup Relations.
8. Cross-cultural Studies of Majority-Minority Relations.
III. MAJORITY-MINORITY RELATIONS IN AMERICA TODAY: THE ROLE OF INSTITUTIONAL DISCRIMINATION.
9. The Status of Majority and Minority Groups in the United States Today.
10. The American Economic System and the Status of Minority Groups Today.
11. The American Political and Legal System and Majority-Minority Relations.
12. Education and American Minority Groups.
IV. VALUES, GOALS, AND ISSUES OF THE PRESENT AND FUTURE IN MAJORITY-MINORITY RELATIONS.
13. Majority-Minority Relations Based on Gender, Sexual Orientation, and Disability. 14. Current Trends in Majority-Minority Relations.
15. Affirmative Action and Other Issues for the Future of Majority-Minority Relations in the United States.
- NEW - The latest African-American perspectives - Examines racial differences in reactions to the Million Man and Million Woman Marches, Minister Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam. Sparks student interest by discussing issues of current and recent interest.
- NEW - Seven new boxed features - Presents special-interest profiles on such topics as:-
- The Census Bureaus decision to allow people to check more than one race in the 2000 census.
- The influence of the culture-of-poverty perspective on welfare reform legislation.
- Interracial relationships.
- Neil Foleys award-winning book The White Scourge.
- Hernstein and Murrays The Bell Curve and debates over race, class, intelligence, and educational opportunity.
- How diversity programs helped an
These books may interest you
Governing with Words The Political Dialogue on Race, Public Policy, and Inequality in America 85.13 €
Governing with WordsThe Political Dialogue on Race, Public Policy, and Inequality in America 31.40 €