Mathematical Tools for Applied Multivariate Analysis
Author: Carroll J. DouglasLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 73.95 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Carroll J. Douglas
386 p. · 23.6x15.8 cm · Paperback
* Provides a technical base for tackling most applications-oriented multivariate texts
* Presents a geometric perspective for aiding ones intuitive grasp of multivariate methods
* Emphasizes technical terms current in the social and behavioral sciences, statistics, and mathematics
* Can be used either as a stand-alone text or a supplement to a multivariate statistics textbook
* Employs many pictures and diagrams to convey an intuitive perception of matrix algebra concepts
* Toy problems provide a step-by-step approach to each model and matrix algebra concept
* Provides solutions for all exercises
Vector and Matrix Operations for Multivariate Analysis.
Vector and Matrix Concepts from a Geometric Viewpoint.
Linear Transformations from a Geometric Viewpoint.
Decomposition of Matrix Transformations: Eigenstructures and Quadratic Forms.
Applying the Tools to Multivariate Data.
Appendix A: Symbolic Differentiation and Optimization of Multivariable Functions.
Appendix B: Linear Equations and Generalized Inverses.
Answers to Numerical Problems.