Mathematical Tools for Applied Multivariate Analysis
Authors: Carroll J. Douglas, Green Paul
Coordinator: Chaturvedi AnilLanguage: Anglais
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Carroll J. Douglas, Green Paul
386 p. · 15.2x22.9 cm · Paperback
* Provides a technical base for tackling most applications-oriented multivariate texts
* Presents a geometric perspective for aiding ones intuitive grasp of multivariate methods
* Emphasizes technical terms current in the social and behavioral sciences, statistics, and mathematics
* Can be used either as a stand-alone text or a supplement to a multivariate statistics textbook
* Employs many pictures and diagrams to convey an intuitive perception of matrix algebra concepts
* Toy problems provide a step-by-step approach to each model and matrix algebra concept
* Provides solutions for all exercises
Vector and Matrix Operations for Multivariate Analysis.
Vector and Matrix Concepts from a Geometric Viewpoint.
Linear Transformations from a Geometric Viewpoint.
Decomposition of Matrix Transformations: Eigenstructures and Quadratic Forms.
Applying the Tools to Multivariate Data.
Appendix A: Symbolic Differentiation and Optimization of Multivariable Functions.
Appendix B: Linear Equations and Generalized Inverses.
Answers to Numerical Problems.