Mechanics of Fluid-Saturated Rocks
International Geophysics Series, Vol. 89
Coordinators: Gueguen Yves, Bouteca MauriceLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Mechanics of Fluid-Saturated Rocks:
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre
450 p. · 15.2x22.9 cm · Hardback
This authoritative book is the result of a collaborative effort between scientists in academic institutions and industry. It examines important issues such as subsidence, geological fault formation, earthquake faulting, hydraulic fracturing, transport of fluids, and natural and direct applications.
Mechanics of Fluid Saturated Rocks provides a unique interdisciplinary viewpoint, as well as case studies, conclusions, and recommendations for further research.
* Covers the physical, chemical, and mechanical analysis of porous saturated rock deformation on both large and small scales
* Discusses the latest developments of importance to engineers and geologists
* Examines natural and direct applications
* Incorporates numerous equations and illustrations including an online image gallery: books.elsevier.com/companions/
* Includes extensive bibliographies for each chapter