Authors: BERNSTEIN Jeremy, FISHBANE Paul, GASIOROWICZ StephenLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 137.74 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of BERNSTEIN Jeremy, FISHBANE Paul, GASIOROWICZ Stephen
624 p. · 26.7x21 cm · Hardback
II. RELATIVITY.2. The Basics of Relativity.
3. Consequences of Relativity.
II. THE ORIGINS OF QUANTUM MECHANICS.4. Waves as Particles and Particles as Waves.
5. Atoms and the Bohr Model.
6. The Schr dinger Equation.
7. Classical and Unclassical behavior: Wave Packets and Uncertainty.
8. Barriers and Wells.
9. The Hydrogen Atom.
10. Many Particles.
III. APPLICATIONS.11. Complex Atoms and Molecules.
12. Statistical Physics.
13. Atoms, Radiation and Lasers.
14. Conductors, Insulators, and Superconductors.
15. The Atomic Nucleus.
IV. FRONTIERS.16. Elementary Particle Physics.
17. General Relativity.
Appendix A: Physical Constants
Appendix B: Mathematics.
- This comprehensive book provides the most complete coverage of general relativity and cosmology-with detailed discussions on the historical origins of topics.
- Its presentation is consistently linked to observation, and to the physical numbers as well, so that readers develop a sense of the magnitudes involved in the material being covered
- Chapter topics include waves as particles and particles as waves, atoms and the Bohr Model, The Schr dinger Equation, barriers and wells, statistical physics, conductors, insulators, and superconductors, and elementary particle physics.