Molecular Tools and Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Author: Foxman BetsyLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Molecular Tools and Infectious Disease Epidemiology:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Foxman Betsy
216 p. · 21.1x27.6 cm · Hardback
The application of modern molecular genetic and biologic techniques to infectious disease epidemiology dramatically improves measurement of disease and putative risk factors, increasing our ability to detect and track outbreaks, identify risk factors and detect new infectious agents. However, integration of these techniques into epidemiologic studies also poses new challenges in the design, conduct, and analysis. We examine these opportunities and methodologic challenges giving specific examples. The book will be written for the reader with limited understanding of genetics, biology and epidemiology.
- Presents the key points of consideration when integrating molecular biology and epidemiology
- Discusses how using molecular tools in epidemiologic research affects program design and conduct
- Considers the ethical concerns that arise in molecular epidemiologic studies
- Provides a context for understanding and interpreting scientific literature as a foundation for subsequent practical experience in the laboratory and in the field
1. Introduction and Historical Perspective 2. How Molecular Tools Enhance Epidemiologic Studies 3. Applications of Molecular Tools to Infectious Disease Epidemiology 4. A Primer of Epidemiologic Study Designs 5. A Primer of Molecular Biology 6. Molecular Tools 7. Omics Analyses in Molecular Epidemiologic Studies 8. Determining the Reliability and Validity and Interpretation of a Measure in the Study Populations 9. Designing and Implementing a Molecular Epidemiologic Study 10. Study Conduct 11. Think About Data Analysis When Planning a Study 12. Human and Animal Subject Protection, Biorepositories, Biosafety Considerations, and Professional Ethics 13 Future Directions
The text will be appropriate for an advanced infectious disease epidemiology course (graduate level), an introductory molecular epidemiology course (graduate or advanced undergraduate), or for the epidemiologist wishing to integrate molecular techniques into his or her studies.
These books may interest you
Infectious Diseases and Nanomedicine IIISecond International Conference (ICIDN - 2015), Dec. 15-18, 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal 166.94 €
Pathology and Epidemiology of Cancer 189.20 €