Multiresolution Signal Decomposition (2nd Ed.)
Transforms, Subbands, and Wavelets
Authors: Akansu Ali N., Haddad Paul A.Language: Anglais
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Akansu Ali N., Haddad Paul A.
500 p. · 18.7x23.5 cm · Hardback
The field of this book (Electrical Engineering/Computer Science) is currently booming, which is, of course, evident from the sales of the previous edition. Since the first edition came out there has been much development, especially as far as the applications. Thus, the second edition addresses new developments in applications-related chapters, especially in chapter 4 "Filterbrook Families: Design and Performance," which is greatly expanded.
* Unified and coherent treatment of orthogonal transforms, subbands, and wavelets
* Coverage of emerging applications of orthogonal transforms in digital communications and multimedia
* Duality between analysis and synthesis filter banks for spectral decomposition and synthesis and analysis transmultiplexer structures
* Time-frequency focus on orthogonal decomposition techniques with applications to FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA
2. Orthogonal Transforms
3. Theory of Subband Decomposition
4. Filter Bank Families: Design and Performance
5. Time-Frequency Representations
6. Wavelet Transform
A. Resolution of the Identity and Inversion
B. Orthonormality in Frequency
Richard A. Haddad received the B.E.E, M.E.E, and Ph.D. degrees in 1956, 1958, and 1962 respectively from the Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn.He had been on the Electrical Engineering Faculty of Polytechnic University from 1961 to 1995. During his tenure there, he had served in variouscapacities. From 1981 to 1987, he was Associate Dean and then Director of the Westchester Graduate Center. During leaves of absence, he hasserved as a Member of the Technical Staff at Bell Telephone Laboratories, Whippany, N.J. and as first Director of the Engineering Division at theInstitut National d'Electricite et d'Electronique, Boumerdes, Algeria. He has also lectured and consulted in signal processing at universities in Italy,People's Republic of China. Presently he is Professor and Chair, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology. New Jersey.He is a senior memeber of IEEE and also an elected member of Eta Kappa Nu, Tau Beta Pi, and Sigma Xi, and the New York Academy of Sciences.
These books may interest you
Efficient Algorithms for Discrete Wavelet TransformWith Applications to Denoising and Fuzzy Inference Systems 42.19 €