Scientific Computing and Differential Equations
An Introduction to Numerical Methods
Authors: Golub Gene H., Ortega James M.Language: Anglais
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Golub Gene H., Ortega James M.
338 p. · 15.2x22.9 cm · Hardback
This book is appropriate for upper undergraduate courses in mathematics, electrical engineering, and computer science; it is also well-suited to serve as a textbook for numerical differential equations courses at the graduate level.
* An introductory chapter gives an overview of scientific computing, indicating its important role in solving differential equations, and placing the subject in the larger environment
* Contains an introduction to numerical methods for both ordinary and partial differential equations
* Concentrates on ordinary differential equations, especially boundary-value problems
* Contains most of the main topics for a first course in numerical methods, and can serve as a text for this course
* Uses material for junior/senior level undergraduate courses in math and computer science plus material for numerical differential equations courses for engineering/science students at the graduate level