Social Learning In Animals
Author: Heyes Cecilia M.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 118.07 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Heyes Cecilia M.
390 p. · 23.6x15.8 cm
* Integrates the broad range of scientific approaches being used in the studies of social learning and imitation, and society and culture
* Provides an introduction to this field of study as well as a starting point for the more experienced researcher
* Chapters are succinct reviews of innovative discoveries and progress made during the past decade
* Includes statements of varied theoretical perspectives on controversial topics
* Authoritative contributions by an international team of leading researchers
B.G. Galef, Jr., Introduction.
J. Terkel, Cultural Transmission of Feeding Behavior in the Black Rat (Rattus rattus).
B.G. Galef, Jr., Social Enhancement of Food Preferences in Norway Rats: A Brief Review.
D.M. Fragaszy and E. Visalberghi, Social Learning in Monkeys: Primate 'Primacy' Reconsidered.
L.A. Dugatkin, Copying and Mate Choice.
L. Lefebvre and L.-A. Giraldeau, Is Social Learning and Adaptive Specialization?
K.N. Laland, P.J. Richeron, and R. Boyd, Developing a Theory of Animal Social Learning.
M.E. West, Social Learning: Synergy and Songbirds.
R.R. Provine, Contagious Yawning and Laughing: Significance for Sensory Feature Detection, Motor Pattern Generation, Imitation and the Evolution of Social Behavior.
C.M. Heyes, Introduction: Identifying and Defining Imitation.
T.R. Zentall, An Analysis of Imitative Learning in Animals.
B.R. Moore, The Evolution of Imitative Learning.
M.A. Huffman, Acquisition of Innovative Cultural Behaviors in Nonhuman Primates: A Case Study of Stone Handling, a Socially Transmitted Behavior in Japanese Macaques.
A. Whiten and D. Custance, Studies of Imitation in Chimpanzees and Children.
M. Tomasello, Do Apes Ape?
A. Meltzoff, The Human Infant as Imitative Generalist: A 20-Year Progressive Report.
C.M. Heyes, Genuine Imitation?
These books may interest you
Neuroeconomics 77.27 €