The Adolescent Experience (4th Ed.)
Author: GULLOTTA Thomas P.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 68.41 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of GULLOTTA Thomas P.
* Focuses on health promotion and illness prevention
* Provides not only a U.S. but also a much needed Canadian perspective to this life stage
* Involves students as participants in a long-standing inquiry into the nature of adolescence as they are introduced to the latest research in the field
* Provides students with the latest practical information in subject areas like sexuality, drugs and alcohol, suicide and depression, eating disorders, crime, delinquency, and violent behavior
* List server links student and/or instructor to authors
* Explores the uniqueness of North America's multi-culturalism
* Illustrates important concepts using literature and social history to make them tangible to students
Welcome to the Study of Adolescence:
Welcome to the Study of Adolescence.
Theories and Research Methods.
Patterns of Adolescent Development:
Intellectual and Cognitive Development.
Identity Development and Self-Concept.
Gender Differences and Sex-Role Development.
Physical Growth and Sexual Development.
Influences on Adolescent Development:
Peer, Leisure, and Work Experiences.
Dealing with Issues of Concern: Prevention and Treatment:
Helping Adolescents: Intervention and Prevention.
Adolescent Sexuality: Issues for Concern.
Substance Use and Abuse in Adolescence.
Crime and Delinquency.
Depression and Suicide in Adolescence.
Part Five: Parting Thoughts:
Of Time and Soothsaying.
These books may interest you
Introduction to Health Promotion 104.12 €
Understanding Child and Adolescent Behaviour in the ClassroomResearch and Practice for Teachers 63.89 €