The Adolescent Experience (4th Ed.)
Authors: Gullotta Thomas P., Adams Gerald R., Markstrom Carol A.Language: Anglais
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of Gullotta Thomas P., Adams Gerald R., Markstrom Carol A.
568 p. · 19.1x23.5 cm · Paperback
* Focuses on health promotion and illness prevention
* Provides not only a U.S. but also a much needed Canadian perspective to this life stage
* Involves students as participants in a long-standing inquiry into the nature of adolescence as they are introduced to the latest research in the field
* Provides students with the latest practical information in subject areas like sexuality, drugs and alcohol, suicide and depression, eating disorders, crime, delinquency, and violent behavior
* List server links student and/or instructor to authors
* Explores the uniqueness of North America's multi-culturalism
* Illustrates important concepts using literature and social history to make them tangible to students
Welcome to the Study of Adolescence:
Welcome to the Study of Adolescence.
Theories and Research Methods.
Patterns of Adolescent Development:
Intellectual and Cognitive Development.
Identity Development and Self-Concept.
Gender Differences and Sex-Role Development.
Physical Growth and Sexual Development.
Influences on Adolescent Development:
Peer, Leisure, and Work Experiences.
Dealing with Issues of Concern: Prevention and Treatment:
Helping Adolescents: Intervention and Prevention.
Adolescent Sexuality: Issues for Concern.
Substance Use and Abuse in Adolescence.
Crime and Delinquency.
Depression and Suicide in Adolescence.
Part Five: Parting Thoughts:
Of Time and Soothsaying.
Gerald Adams is the editor of the journal Research in Adolescence and the editor of the book series Advances in Adolescent Development.
These books may interest you
Introduction to Health Promotion 104.12 €