Viruses and Human Disease (2nd Ed.)
Authors: Strauss Ellen G., Strauss James H.Language: Anglais
Subject for Viruses and Human Disease:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Strauss Ellen G., Strauss James H.
468 p. · 21.6x27.9 cm · Hardback
* Includes over 30% new material - virtually all of the figures and tables have been redrawn to include the latest information and the text has been extensively rewritten to include the most up-to-date information
* Includes a new chapter on emerging and reemerging viral diseases such as avian flu, SARS, the spread of West Nile virus across America, and the continuing spread of Nipah virus in Southeast Asia.
* Further reading sections at the end of each chapter make it easy find key references
* World maps depicting the current distribution of existing and newly emerging viruses are also incorporated into the text
* A companion website features illustrations for use in class notes and presentations.
CHAPTER 1. Overview of Viruses and Virus Infection
CHAPTER 2. The Structure of Viruses
CHAPTER 3. Plus-Strand RNA Viruses
CHAPTER 4. Minus-Strand RNA Viruses
CHAPTER 5. Viruses That Contain Double-Stranded RNA: Family Reoviridae
CHAPTER 6. Viruses Whose Life Cycle Uses Reverse Transcriptase
CHAPTER 7. DNA-Containing Viruses
CHAPTER 8. Emerging and Reemerging Viral Diseases
CHAPTER 9. Subviral Agents
CHAPTER 10. Host Defenses against Viral Infection and Viral Counterdefenses
CHAPTER 11. Gene Therapy