Computational Fluid-Structure Interaction
Methods, Models, and Applications
Authors: Zhao Yong, Su XiaohuiLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Computational Fluid-Structure Interaction:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Zhao Yong, Su Xiaohui
523 p. · 15.2x22.9 cm · Paperback
Computational Fluid-Structure Interaction provides detailed explanations of a range of FSI models, their mathematical formulations, validations and applications, with an emphasis on conservative unstructured-grid FVM. The first part of the book presents the nascent numerical methods, algorithms and solvers for both compressible and incompressible flows, computational structural dynamics (CSD), parallel multigrid, IOM, IMM and ALE methods. The second half of the book covers the validations of these numerical methods and solvers, as well as their applications in a broad range of areas in basic research and engineering.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the latest numerical methods used in FSI, including unstructured-grid finite volume method (FVM), parallel multigrid scheme, overlapping mesh, immersed object method (IOM), immersed membrane method (IMM), as well as arbitrary Lagragian-Eulerian (ALE), and more
- Provides full details of the numerical methods and solvers and their validations, helping readers to apply them in their own works
- Compares different methods to help the readers choose the right approach for their own FSI problems more effectively
- Features real-life FSI case studies, such as large eddy simulation of aeroelastic flutter of a wing, parallel computation of a bio-prosthetic heart valve and ALE study of a micro aerial vehicle
1. Introduction 2. Mathematical Formulation for Preconditioned Compressible Flow Solver 3. Mathematical Formulation for Incompressible Flow Solver 4. Mathematical Formulation for Computational Structural Dynamics 5. The Multigrid Method 6. Parallel Computation 7. The Immersed Object Method With Overlapping Grids 8. Immersed Membrane Method and Fluid-Structure Interaction 9. Arbitrary Lagragian Eulerian Method and Fluid Structure Interaction 10. IMM FSI Model Validations and Applications 11. IMM FSI Model Validations and Applications for Incompressible Flows 12. IMM FSI Model Validations and Applications for Compressible Flow
Researchers and postgraduate students with backgrounds in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, or biomedical engineering working on projects involving fluid structure interaction. Practicing CFD and FEA engineers and consultants.
Xiaohui Su is a Professor of Hydraulic Engineering at Dalian University of Technology and a member of Chinese Hydraulic Engineering Society in China. He was a key member of Professor Yong Zhao’s research group during his tenure as a postdoctoral research fellow at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He has worked as a research fellow at Tropical Marine Science Institute in Singapore, a hydraulics engineer in DHI-NTU Water and Environment Research Centre and Education Hub in Singapore, and also a research consultant in Atlantis Resources Cooperation Pte Ltd. He has published over 40 papers in CFD and his current research focuses on the design of bionics flapping aircraft using FSI modelling.