Coastal Zone Management
Global Perspectives, Regional Processes, Local Issues
Coordinators: Ramkumar Mu, James Arthur, Menier David, K KumaraswamyLanguage: Anglais
Subjects for Coastal Zone Management:
600 p. · 19.2x26.2 cm · Paperback
Withdrawn from sale
Coastal Zone Management: Global Perspectives, Regional Processes, Local Issues brings together vast interdisciplinary data on coastal zones in a concise, yet comprehensive, format applicable to students, researchers and teachers. Includes individual chapters written by subject experts with extensive experience in their fields of research. Each chapter presents the current status with a concluding endnote on future trends. Topics covered include the evolution of coastlines, land-use dynamics and coastal hazards mitigation and management. A must-have reference for scientists and researchers working in the coastal zone, coastal geomorphologists and marine biologists.
- Presents a unique compilation of contributed chapters including case studies, strategy and policy, providing a one source reference for students, teachers, researchers and planners/administrators concerned with coastal zone management
- Introduces a combination of methodology-case study-strategy-review
- Explains the local issues that can be deployed globally
- Provides a database for scientists working on research topics related to coastal zone management
1. Coastal zone management during changing climate and rising sea level: Transcendence of institutional, geographic and subject field barriers is the key Sea-level cycles and oceanography 2. Development of Ideas and New Trends in Modern Sea Level Research: The pre-Quaternary, Quaternary, Present and Future Shoreline and coastal changes 3. Typology and mechanisms of coastal erosion in siliciclastic rocks of the NW Borneo coastline (Sarawak, Malaysia): A field approach 4. Monitoring spatial and temporal scales of shoreline changes in the Cuddalore region, India 5. Shoreline evolution under the influences of oceanographic and monsoon dynamics: A case of the Terengganu, Malaysia 6. Spatial and statistical analyses of cliff top retreat in the gulf of Morbihan and Quiberon peninsula, France: Implications on cliff evolution and coastal zone management 7. Erosional responses of eastern and western coastal regions of India, under global, regional and local scale causes 8. Influences of inherited structures, and longshore hydrodynamics over the spatio-temporal coastal dynamics along the Gâvres - Penthièvre, south Brittany, France 9. Temporal trends of breaker waves and beach morphodynamics along the central Tamil Nadu coast, India Coastal hydrogeology 10. Assessing coastal aquifer to seawater intrusion: Application of galdit method to the Cuddalore aquifer, India 11. An assessment of the administrative-legal, physical-natural and socio-economic subsystems of the bay of Saint Brieuc, France: Implications for effective coastal zone management Coastal sediment geochemistry 12. Geochemical characterization of beach sediments of the Nw Borneo, SE Asia: Implications on provenance, weathering intensity and assessment of coastal environmental status 13. Multimarker pollution studies along the east coast of southern India 14. Chromium fractionation in the river sediments and its implications on coastal environment: A case study in the Cauvery delta, southeast coast of India 15. Seasonal variations of groundwater geochemistry in coastal aquifers, Pondicherry region, south India 16. Anthropogenic influence of heavy metal pollution in southeast coast of India Coastal zone management concepts and applications 17. Adaptation strategies to address rising water tables in coastal environments under future climate and sea-level rise scenarios 18. Analytic hierarchy process to weigh groundwater management criteria in coastal regions 19. Interlinking of rivers as a strategy to mitigate coeval floods and droughts: India in focus with perspectives on coastal zone management 20. Utility of LANDSAT data for assessing mangrove degradation in Muthupet lagoon, south India 21. Recent morphobathymetrical changes of the Vilaine estuary (south Brittany, France): Discrimination of natural and anthropogenic forcings and assessment for future trends 22. Impact of seaweed farming on socio-economic development of fishermen community in Palk Bay, southeast coast of India 23. Habitat risk assessment along coastal Tamil Nadu, India - An integrated methodology for mitigating coastal hazards
researchers, field practitioners, policy/decision makers in coastal area management and development and geomorphologists.