Strategic thinking & action, 2nd ed 1999
Author: PEARSONLanguage: Anglais
Subject for Strategic thinking & action, 2nd ed 1999:
Approximative price 85.01 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of PEARSON
324 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm · Paperback
Strategy in Action emphasises the basic simplicity of much of strategic management theory, but acknowledges the complexity of using this theory to make decisions and implement successful change.
The author looks critically at various theoretical approaches to strategy and also highlights some of the practical issues that have arisen as a result of technological innovation and change. The text provides an explanation of the Hierarchy of Objectives and distinguishes between strategic and financial objectives and performance. It also provides a way of incorporating ethical considerations in the basic strategic model of business.
PART ONE: STRATEGY BASICS
1. Organisations in Context.
2. The Strategy Idea.
3. Strategy and Objectives.
4. Corporate Strategy.
PART TWO: STRATEGY FRAMEWORKS.
5. Planning Frameworks.
6. Evolutionary Frameworks.
7. Portfolio Frameworks.
8. Competitive Strategy Framework.
9. Transformational Frameworks.
10. The Contingency Approach.
PART THREE: STRATEGIC CHANGE AND ACTION.
11. Innovation and Change. PART FIVE: CASE STUDIES.
12. Structure, Culture and Symbolism.
13. Creating Innovative Teams.
14. Implanting the Strategy Process.
PART FOUR: READING SUMMARIES.
PART FIVE: CASE STUDIES.
- Explains different schools of strategy as 'frameworks' with different strengths and weaknesses,rather that competing theories.
- Strategy as practice is the underlying philosophy.
- The text highlights the real issues faced by practitioners and emphasises the importance of practical implementation issues.
- Includes reading reviews of classic strategy texts and articles, which provide the essence of alternative key viewpoints of strategy.
- Provides short, focused case studies which concentrate student learning.