Encyclopedia of Caves (2nd Ed.)
Author: WHITE William B.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 110.33 €
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of WHITE William B.
966 p. · 22x28 cm · Hardback
Encyclopedia of Caves is a self-contained, beautifully illustrated work dedicated to caves and their unique environments. It includes more than 100 comprehensive articles from leading scholars and explorers in 15 different countries. Each entry is detailed and scientifically sound, yet accessible for students and non-scientists. This large-format reference is enchanced with hundreds of full-color photographs, maps, and drawings from the authors' own work, which provide unique images of the underground environment.
- Global in reach--authors are an international team of experts covering caves from around the world
- Includes 24 new articles commissioned especially for this 2nd edition
- Articles contain extensive bibliographies cross-referencing related essays
- Hundreds of color photographs, maps, charts and illustrations of cave features and biota
- A-Z sequence and a comprehensive index allow for easy location of topics
- Glossary presents definitions of all key vocabulary items
The Encyclopedia of Caves presents 128 separate articles on the entire range of speleological study. Articles in the Encyclopedia fall within 15 general subjects areas, as follows:
1. Types of Caves 2. Cave features 3. Hydrology and Hydrogeology 4. Speleothems and other cave deposits 5. Cave ages and paleoclimate 6. Exceptional caves 7. Biology of particular organisms in caves 8. Ecology 9. Cave invasion 10. Biogeography and Diversity 11. Evolution and Adaptation in Caves 12. Exploration of Caves 13. Contemporary use of caves 14. Historical use of caves 15. Ground water contamination and land use hazards in cave regions