Peer instruction : a user's manual (with disk)
Author: MAZURLanguage: Anglais
Approximative price 50.62 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of MAZUR
254 p. · 22.9x15.2 cm · Hardback
- Peer Instruction is an interactive teaching style that actively involves students in the learning process by focusing attention on underlying concepts through interactive "ConcepTests," reading quizzes, and conceptual exam questions. Results, assessed through scores on the Force Concept Inventory and final exams, show that students better understand concepts and perform better on conventional problems in this environment. It can be easily adapted to fit individual lecture styles and used with any textbook. Eric Mazur's Peer Instruction approach has been successfully field-tested in a variety of settings, most of them quite different from his home campus at Harvard University (e.g., University of Massachusetts - Lowel and Appalachian State University).
2. Peer Instruction.
3. Motivating the Students.
4. A Step-by-Step Guide to Preparing for a Peer Instruction Lecture.
5. Sample Lecture.
8. Mechanics Baseline Test.
9. Questionnaire Results.
10. Reading Quizzes.
11. Concept Tests.
12. Conceptual Exam Questions.
Appendix: Disk Instructions.
- Contains a step-by-step guide on how to plan Peer Instruction lectures using an instructor's existing lecture materials.
- The complete set of class-tested and ready-to-use resources for implementing the method in a one-year introductory physics course includes: - Two diagnostic tests to evaluate students understanding of mechanics. - Student questionnaire handouts to assess students expectations for the course and to point out misconceptions. - 44 Reading Quizzes, organized by subject and designed to be given at the beginning of each class to motivate the students to read assigned material before class. - 243 ConcepTests, multiple-choice questions for use in lecture to engage the students and to assess their understanding. - 109 Conceptual Examination Questions, orga
These books may interest you
The Law of Higher Education 377.30 €