The Continuum of Stroke Care
An Interprofessional Approach to Evidence-Based Care
Authors: Hickey Joanne V., Livesay Sarah L.Language: Anglais
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Hickey Joanne V., Livesay Sarah L.
392 p. · 15.2x22.9 cm · Paperback
Addressing every phase of current stroke care, The Continuum of Stroke Care is your essential how-to for delivering safe, effective outcomes with interprofessional teamwork. Each chapter is written by clinicians with cutting-edge expertise and clinically grounded insight. Practical and comprehensive, the book also fully covers both the advances of the last few decades and upcoming innovations in stroke care.
Absorb the latest in research-based methods and team care . . .
Outlines the current evidence-based stroke care system, based on international best practices
• Addresses care from pre- to post-hospitalization, including rehabilitation and post-stroke community integration, stroke quality indicators, and program evaluation
• Offers clinical pearls and case studies that strengthen understanding of comprehensiveness in all phases of care
• Provides scientific and clinical evidence and insights to strengthen understanding of stroke pathophysiology, management, and recovery
• Outlines models of practice and care for implementation and ongoing utilization of coordinated interprofessional teams in stroke care
• Offers recommendations for creating safer, more reliable outcomes important to patients, providers, and organizations.
• Outlines American Stroke Association’s Stroke Chain of Survival information regarding pre-hospital stroke care
• An essential clinical resource for nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses, stroke coordinators, occupational therapists, speech therapists, physical therapists, case managers, social workers, and the entire interprofessional clinical team.
Sarah L. Livesay, DNP, RN, ACNP-BC, ACNS-BC, SCRN is an Assistant Professor at the College of Nursing, Rush University. She teaches in the APN and DNP programs and maintains a clinical practice caring for patients with stroke at the Comprehensive Stroke Center at Rush University Medical Center. Dr. Livesay has over 5 years of experience reviewing stroke programs across the nation on behalf of The Joint Commission.