The Evolution of the US-Japan Alliance
The Eagle and the Chrysanthemum
Chandos Asian Studies Series Series
Author: Dian MatteoLanguage: Anglais
Subject for The Evolution of the US-Japan Alliance:
In Print (Delivery period: 14 days).Add to cart the livre of Dian Matteo
280 p. · 15.5x23.4 cm · Hardback
- Provides readers with a theoretical framework through which they can make sense of the evolutions of the US-Japan alliance and the evolution of the Japanese security strategy throughout post war history.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the shifts in the Japanese security strategies and in the American foreign and security policies in the Asia Pacific region.
- Makes extensive use of primary sources.
- Addresses main debates on security alliances and security strategies.
- Incorporates the latest events such as the American Pivot to Asia.
Asymmetric alliances in theory: Introduction; Asymmetric alliances in theory; How alliances evolve; The alliance game; Hypotheses; From theory to history; Since the creation of the alliance to the Nixon doctrine (1960-1969): ; Japan and the alliance during the détente (1969-1978): Renewal of the alliance and "normalization" of Japan, 1997-2008; :The alliance and the American Pivot to Asia (2008-2013); Conclusion.
These books may interest you
Hegemony and the US‒Japan Alliance 161.07 €