The open adoption book: a guide to adoption without tears
Author: RAPPAPORT Bruce M.Language: Anglais
Approximative price 14.53 €
Subject to availability at the publisher.Add to cart the livre of RAPPAPORT Bruce M.
208 p. · 20.7x13.7 cm · Paperback
- What is an open adoption? How does it differ from traditional adoption?
- Will I ever feel like a real parent if my child's biological mother knows I'm raising her child? Will she interfere?
- What if the birthmother changes her mind after the adoption?
- How long will it take to get a child?
Introduction: The Promise of Open Adoption.
1. Why Is Adopting a Healthy Infant So Difficult?
2. Open Adoption: The Revitalization of Adoption.
3. Infertility and the Medical Treadmill.
4. Birthparent Stereotypes and Realities.
5. The Surprising Bond Between Adopting Parents and Birthparents.
6. The Ongoing Relationships Between Adopting Parents and Birthparents.
7. The Lives of an Adopted Child and Adoptive Parents in an Open Adoption.
8. The Vital Role of Counseling in an Open Adoption.
9. The Joys of Parenthood.
Appendix: Open Adoption Centers.